Pumphouse Players is now accepting short plays for Fall 2020 online events! Though our physical theatre is dark, we have an ongoing commitment to providing artistic opportunities and creative outlets to our community members and supporting various creative endeavors.
We’ve been encouraged by the amount of support that we’ve received and the number of people we’ve been able to connect with over the last few months and we’re excited to keep up the momentum!
HOW IT WORKS
Playwrights (of all experience levels!) can submit one or two Zoom/online/recording-friendly short plays for consideration for one or more of our events. It’s easy! Just use the submission form on this page. After the deadline, our team will review the submissions and notify those accepted. Once selected, our team will seek directors and cast members who will rehearse and record your short play. The shorts will be presented in a festival event (1 to 3 airing dates) in collaboration with Pumphouse Players and The In-House Writers. Each playwright and performer will be granted one free access code to the online event(s) for themselves or a guest to enjoy the collection!
- Plays must be between 5 to 15 minutes in length.
- Plays must in English.
- Plays must be Zoom/recording friendly.
- Playwrights may only submit 1-2 plays per event.
- Playwrights must indicate kid/family-friendly or adult/mature audience on their submission. An adult/mature designation will not prevent plays from being accepted.
- We do not require a special format. Please use best judgment in ensuring your piece is recognizable as a script.
THE FINE PRINT
- There is no entry fee or participant fee.
- There is no stipend or compensation for any playwright, participant, or organizer. Pumphouse Players is a 100% volunteer-run and volunteer-led community organization.
- Entry to our online events will be by donation. All donations gathered are to support Pumphouse Players, a 501(c)3 non-profit organization.
- Playwrights who are selected will be asked to grant us permission to record and “air” or “stream” a recording of their play up to 3 times in closed events. The recording process is purely to offset the potential for technical issues. No copies of the recording shall be published.
- Playwrights maintain all rights to their plays.
In honor of National “Be Late for Something” Day, we’re celebrating with a themed short play festival event. Submit your 5 to 15 minute Zoom/online/recording-friendly plays about being late… accidentally or on purpose!
Scare us, unnerve us, remind us why we love all things creepy, candy, and Pumpkin Spice with our short play festival event. Submit your 5 to 15 minute Zoom/online/recording-friendly plays about all things ghosty, ghoulie, or downright autumnal.
We know that families and holidays look different to everyone, and we’re interested to showcase that in our upcoming collection. We’re accepting short Zoom/online/recording-friendly plays about family of all kinds for our November short play festival event.
Winter weather, holiday obligations, and frenzied family gatherings often dominate the season. We’re accepting Zoom/online/recording-friendly short plays centered around the winter experience for our December short play festival event.