In 2019, we presented LITTLE WOMEN THE BROADWAY MUSICAL to much acclaim, including seven Metropolitan Atlanta Theatre (MAT) Award nominations! We’re pleased to announce that we’ll be remounting the show for streaming audiences, live-captured on the Legion Theatre stage. Much of the beloved original cast will return, and now is your chance to work with them! We’re seeking talented individuals to fill three key roles.
AUDITION DEADLINE: Tuesday, February 16, 2021
- Beth March (Soprano A3-G5) – The second youngest of the sisters. Timid and musical, Beth encourages and helps her sisters selflessly. Her tragic death affects her family and those around her greatly.
- Theodore “Laurie” Laurence III (TEnor Bb2-Bb4) – Lonely and charming boy-next-door who becomes firm friends with the March family. He proposes to Jo, but eventually falls in love with and marries Amy.
- Professor Bhaer (Baritone G2-F#4) – A sensible German professor boarding with Mrs. Kirk. He falls in love with Jo, and encourages her to dream beyond the “blood and guts” stories she writes.
ABOUT THE SHOW
Based on Louisa May Alcott’s life, Little Women follows the adventures of sisters, Jo, Meg, Beth and Amy March. Jo is trying to sell her stories for publication, but the publishers are not interested – her friend, Professor Bhaer, tells her that she has to do better and write more from herself. Begrudgingly taking this advice, Jo weaves the story of herself and her sisters and their experience growing up in Civil War America. Little Women embodies the complete theatrical experience, guaranteeing a night filled with laughter, tears and a lifting of the spirit.
HOW TO AUDITION
- Choose a 1-2 minute dramatic monologue and practice it a few times.
- Choose and rehearse 15-32 bars of a Broadway-style song. You may sing with backing or a capella.
- Use a smartphone, laptop, webcam, or camera to record your monologue and song in ONE video, or edit them together to be one video.
- Send your audition materials to firstname.lastname@example.org by email by Feb 16, 2021. (We recommend using the site WeTransfer.com for large files.)
- Decisions will be sent by email within one week following the audition close date.
The rehearsal schedule will be created with the cast’s availability in mind. Rehearsals may be up to three times per week beginning February 22nd.
The streaming version will be available the first two weekends of May 2021.
LIVE PERFORMANCE DATES
Live performances, if conditions and availability permit, may be added for May 7, 8, and 9 with limited seating.
HEALTH AND SAFETY
Cast members will rehearse in person for the most part, and are expected to take precautions throughout the rehearsal process to prevent spread of flu, cold, and COVID-19. The cast and crew will have opportunities to discuss and decide preferred practices.