Do you have a budding comedian at home? Is your child incredibly inventive? They might love to try improv!
During this three-part workshop organized by TheatreExtreme, your elementary or middle schooler will enjoy a brief introduction to the basics of improvisational acting.
Each session will be available for just $15, which goes toward expanding educational opportunities for youth with TheatreExtreme and Pumphouse Junior.
- Saturday, November 7, 2020 | 9:00-11:00 AM | Session 1
- Saturday, November 14, 2020 | 9:00-11:00 AM | Session 2
- Saturday, November 21, 2020 | 9:00-11:00 AM | Session 3
Some of the life skills indirectly addressed through learning improv techniques include how to work with others to accomplish a common goal, employ active listening, interact with others, make contributions to conversations/scenes, come up with creative solutions to problems, and learn from mistakes in a safe environment.
- We must have at least 4 enrollees to hold each session. (In improv, we have to play off each other, make connections, and share energy!)
- Class sizes are limited to 7 total students, so please register in advance.
- At the first session, please be prepared to fill out a quick form with your contact info and child’s emergency medical information.
- Due to group gathering guidelines, we will not be able to offer a showcase performance at this time. We do encourage you to have your youth show you what they learned in class!