Auditions for Charlotte’s Web will be held Saturday, May 30, 2020 from 11am to 1pm at the Legion Theatre. Auditions are open to any youth in the K-12 age range. Charlotte’s Web will run July 17-19, with two shows on Saturday, July 18. This show will be directed by Ms. Katie Cornett, stage managed by Ms. Taylor, and produced by Ms. Laurel.
Children’s Literature Association’s “best American children’s book of the past two hundred years,” adapted by Joseph Robinette for the stage in a beautiful, knowing play about friendship. All the enchanting characters appear: Wilbur, the irresistible young pig who desperately wants to avoid the butcher; Fern, a girl who understands what animals say to each other; Templeton, the gluttonous rat who can occasionally be talked into a good deed; the Zuckerman family; the Arables; and, most of all, the extraordinary spider, Charlotte, who proves to be “a true friend and a good writer.” Determined to save Wilbur, Charlotte begins her campaign with the “miracle” of her web in which she writes, “Some pig.” It’s the beginning of a victorious campaign which ultimately ends with the now-safe Wilbur doing what is most important to Charlotte.
Cold reading from the script; no preparation necessary! Reading assistance can be provided to those who are not yet able or confident, either by a parent, guardian, or sibling or one of our volunteers.
- Fern Arable – A young girl who understands what animals say to each other and has a pure sense of justice
- John Arable – Fern’s father
- Martha Arable – Fern’s mother
- Avery Arable – Fern’s brother, who enjoys teasing her
- Homer Zuckerman – Fern’s uncle
- Edith Zuckerman – Fern’s aunt
- Lurvy – A caring hired hand on the Zuckerman farm
- Wilbur – A small, lovable young pig
- Templeton – A gluttonous rat who can be talked into a good deed
- Charlotte – A spider who proves to be “a true friend and a good writer”
- Goose – A motherly animal on Zuckerman’s farm
- Gander – A fatherly animal on Zuckerman’s farm
- Sheep – A knowledgeable animal on Zuckerman’s farm
- Lamb – A not-very-welcoming animal on Zuckerman’s farm
- Uncle – A pig at the fair
- Storytellers – The narrators of the story
- Ensemble – Reporter, photographer, fairgoers, announcer, etc. Speaking and non-speaking.
Friday, July 17, 2020 | 7:00 PM
Saturday, July 18, 2020 | 3:00 PM
Saturday, July 18, 2020 | 7:00 PM
Sunday, July 19, 2020 | 3:00 PM
NEED MORE INFO? Email us at email@example.com!