THE MOORS By Jen Silverman
ABOUT THE SHOW
Two sisters and a dog live out their lives on the bleak English moors, dreaming of love and power. The arrival of a hapless governess and a moor-hen set all three on a strange and dangerous path. The Moors is a dark comedy about love, desperation, and visibility.
- Auditions: Nov 1 and 2, 2021 at 7:30 PM
- Callbacks: Wednesday, Nov 3rd at 7:30 PM
- Tech (Mandatory): January 16-20, 2022
- Performances: January 21-23, 2022
- Showtimes: Friday & Saturday at 8 PM; Sunday at 3 PM
PLEASE NOTE: All performers must be age 18 or older to audition. Actors of ant age 18+ will be considered.
- Agatha – Any ethnicity. She/her. Elder female spinster. Spidery. Dangerous. Powerful. Note: Agatha shares two kisses with another female character and participates in combat choreography.
- Huldey – Any ethnicity. She/her. Younger spinster sister. She has a diary. She wants to be famous. Note: Huldey participates in fight choreography and sings (see note on music auditions below).
- Emilie – Any ethnicity. She/her. The governess. A romantic with a sweet temperament. Note: Emilie shares two kisses with another female character, sings, and plays the guitar (see ntoe on music auditions below).
- Marjory – Any ethnicity. She/her. The scullery maid. Down-trodden. Strategic.
- The Mastiff – Any ethnicity. He/him. A dog. A sad philosopher-king.
- A Moor-Hen – Any ethnicity. She/her. A small chicken. Practical and very present tense.
You may pre-register for an audition slot to receive access to additional audition information. Pre-registered auditioners should arrive 5-10 minutes before your scheduled time.
Walk-in auditioners may arrive any time between 6:45-8:30.
Please try to have availability for callbacks, should the production team want to call you in. Being unavailable may limit their ability to offer you a role.
Actors auditioning for Huldey and Emilie should be prepared to single a simple vocal scale at auditions. If necessary, we may ask to hear you sing as part of callbacks.
This play contains mature language and adult humor.