THE DROWNING GIRLS
By Daniela Vlaskalic, Charlie Tomlinson, Beth Graham
ABOUT THE PLAY
Bessie, Alice, and Margaret have two things in common: they are married to George Joseph Smith, and they are dead. Surfacing from the bathtubs they were drowned in, the three breathless brides gather evidence against their womanizing, murderous husband by reliving the shocking events leading up to their deaths.
Perfect for true crime lovers, THE DROWNING GIRLS is based on historical events.
AUDITION DATES & INFORMATION
- April 11th, 2022 | 7:30 PM
- April 12th, 2022 | 7:30 PM
- Where: Auditions will be held at the Cultural Arts Alliance (CAA) at 101 N. Erwin Street in downtown Cartersville
- What to Prepare: If you register in advance for auditions, you’ll receive copies of the audition sides. Please review the sides for the character(s) for which you’d like to be considered. A reader will be provided during the audition.
- Didn’t register in advance? Walk-ins are welcome starting at 7:30!
- Requirements: Must be 18 or older at the time of auditions.
- REHEARSALS: TBD
- TECH: July 10-14, 2022
- REVISED PERFORMANCE DATES: July 15-17, 2022 (3 performances)
- Director: Meghann K. Humphreys
- BESSIE – Any ethnicity. She/her. 30-35. A romantic, dreams of a wedding and of being the center of attention, traditional, loving, delicate, sensitive, and susceptible; also plays: George, John, Alice’s Father, De. Billings, Mrs. Rapley, Amelia, Marks, and Sergeant Page. Actor must be comfortable working with water on stage.
- ALICE – Any ethnicity. She/her. 25-29. Bold, swept off her feet, rebellious, dreams of freedom, youthful, audacious, spirited, and fierce. Also plays: John, George, Henry, Mrs. Tuckett, Mrs. Crossley, Jane, Inspector Neil, and Mr. Bodkin. Actor must be comfortable working with water on stage.
- MARGARET – Any ethnicity. She/her. 35-45. Desperately wants to feel wanted, fears becoming an old maid, practical, lonely, guarded, modest, and worried; also plays: Henry, George’s Mother, Alice’s Mother, Mrs. Blatch, Sergeant reid, Knowles, John, and Ms. Brighton. Actor must be comfortable working with water on stage.
Pumphouse Players, Inc. is a volunteer-led community theatre and does not offer pay or stipends at this time.
HEALTH AND SAFETY
While the Bartow County community level is low/green, masks are optional inside the Legion Theatre. You can find our current policy on our website.
Email Meghann Humphreys at email@example.com with any questions regarding the show or auditions.