Auditions for Recommended Reading for Girls by Ellen Struve will be held February 10 & 11 at 7:30pm in the lobby of the Legion Theatre. Recommended Reading for Girls will run May 1-10 with a special second matinee and event on Mother’s Day. This production will be directed by Laurel Ann Lowe. Roles for adults AND youth/teens available!
Amy’s mother is going through chemo, her older sister is extremely pregnant, and things aren’t exactly going great for her either. When she comes back home to pitch in and help out, she discovers unexpected guests from her favorite childhood novels. A farm girl, a mountain girl, an on-again-off-again heiress, and an intrepid teen detective confound her ideas about their stories, herself, and the people she loves. A play that classic book lovers will especially enjoy!
Cold reading from the script; no preparation necessary!
- Amy Saunders – 32, recently laid-off database manager, Marilynn’s youngest daughter
- Jackie Saunders Moran – 36 and 36 weeks pregnant, a graphic designer, Amy’s older sister
- Marilynn Saunders – 59, an avid reader, currently undergoing chemotherapy for recurrence
- Heidi – Youth or teen, Swiss girl, speaks German, prominently featured in the novel Heidi by Johanna Spyri
- Sara Crewe – Youth or teen, British girl, prominently featured in the novel A Little Princess by Sara Hodgson Burnett
- Anne Shirley – Youth or teen, Canadian girl, prominently featured in the novel Anne of Green Gables by L.M. Montgomery
- Penny Parker – Teen, American girl, amateur detective and reporter, prominently featured in the Penny Parker mysteries series by Mildred Wirt Benson (the original author of 31 Nancy Drew mysteries)
NEED MORE INFO? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org!