Join us for auditions for MY BROTHER’S SECRET KEEPER on July 18 & 19 starting at 7:30 PM at Noble & Main’s event space.
About this event
My Brother’s Secret Keeper
By Emily McClain
ABOUT THE SHOW
The dysfunctional dynamics of the “First Family of the American stage” are examined in this historical drama. Before he became infamous for killing the President, John Wilkes was a struggling actor, desperate for the approval of his celebrated brothers: actor Edwin and producer Junius Jr. The three brothers performed only once on the same stage in an ill-fated charity performance of Shakespeare’s Julius Caesar. The sibling rivalries, petty jealousies, and long-held resentments simmer below the surface as we watch the events play out in the lead up to one of the most horrible acts of American history.
My Brother’s Secret Keeper is being produced as part of our #PumphouseUnlimited program.
AUDITION DATES & INFORMATION
- July 18, 2022 | 7:30 PM
- July 19, 2022 | 7:30 PM
- Register for auditions here: https://www.eventbrite.com/cc/auditions-842649
- Where: Auditions will be held at the event space at Noble & Main Coffee Co. (directly behind the coffee shop)
- What to Prepare: If you register in advance for auditions, you’ll receive copies of the audition sides. Please review the sides for the character(s) for which you’d like to be considered.
- Video Auditions: Only by special arrangement with the production team. Please email director Laurel Ann Lowe at email@example.com if you would like to request alternative auditions due to a date conflict.
- Didn’t register in advance? Walk-ins are welcome starting at 7:30!
- REHEARSALS: TBD, primarily weeknight evenings
- TECH: Sept 11-15, 2022
- PERFORMANCES: Sept 16-18, 2022 (3 performances)
- Director: Laurel Ann Lowe
- Producer: TBD
- JUNIUS BOOTH JR. (JUNE) – He/him. Eldest son of Junius Brutus Booth.
- EDWIN BOOTH – He/him. Middle son of Junius Brutus Booth.
- ASIA BOOTH – She/her. Daughter of Junius Brutus Booth.
- JOHN WILKES BOOTH (JOHNNY) – He/him. Youngest of Junius Brutus Booth.
Pumphouse Players, Inc. is a volunteer-led community theatre and does not offer pay or stipends at this time.
HEALTH AND SAFETY
While the Bartow County community level is low/green, masks are optional inside the Legion Theatre. You can find our current policy on our website.
Email Director Laurel Ann Lowe at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions regarding the show or auditions.