Join us for auditions for MLM IS FOR MURDER on Feb 20 & 21 starting at 7:30 PM at the Legion Theatre.
About this event
MLM is for Murder
(Or, Your Side Hustle is Killing Us)
By John Bavoso
ABOUT THE SHOW
Side hustles—it seems like everybody has at least one these days. For Minerva Ross, the way to escape the doldrums of her graphic design job in Washington, D.C., is to write and narrate her own feminist true crime podcast about how and why women commit murder. Meanwhile, across the country, Felicity Evanston, a stay-at-home wife and mother—and Minerva’s high-school nemesis—has just started selling ridiculously patterned leggings for a multilevel marketing company. The two haven’t crossed paths in years, but when the bubbly and unassuming Felicity snaps and realizes the only way to get ahead in a rigged pyramid scheme is to literally start killing off the competition, both women suddenly experience the kind of overnight success they’ve been so desperately craving—but risk losing their families, freedom and very souls in the process.
AUDITION DATES & INFORMATION
- Feb 20, 2023 | 7:30 PM
- Feb 21, 2023 | 7:30 PM
- Register for auditions here: https://www.eventbrite.com/cc/auditions-842649
- Where: Auditions will be held at the Legion Theatre
- What to Prepare: If you register in advance for auditions, you’ll receive copies of the audition sides. Please review the sides for the character(s) for which you’d like to be considered.
- Video Auditions: Only by special arrangement with the production team. Please email email@example.com if you would like to request alternative auditions due to a date conflict.
- Didn’t register in advance? Walk-ins are welcome starting at 7:30!
- REHEARSALS: Days/times TBD. Usually weeknight evenings.
- TECH: May 7-11, 2023
- PERFORMANCES: May 12-20, 2023 (5 performances)
- Director: TBD
- Producer: TBD
- Felicity Evanston – 20s to 40s. She/her. A white woman. Stay-at-home Mormon mother and the latest independent fashion consultant for Linen & Fate. Outwardly bubbly and mild-mannered, she was very popular in high school. Despite her big family and community, she feels isolated and adrift.
- Minerva Ross – 20s to 40s. She/her. A woman of color, the same age as Felicity. Never fit in in her small, Utah hometown and is proud of how far she’s come—even if she desperately wants out of her ‘career.’ Easily obsessed, she’s searching for her passion.
- Jason Evanston – 20s to 40s. He/him. A white man, Felicity’s husband. An unassuming but well-meaning man who’s happy acting out the script that’s been written for his life. Is more than a little wary of his wife’s new business venture.
- Sienna Ross – 20s to 40s. She/her. A woman of any race, Minerva’s wife. Has a time-consuming job she loves, but works to find some balance. Encouraging of her wife’s passions to a point, but also concerned about how they threaten to consume her.
- Woman – Adult of any age. She/her. Any ethnicity. Plays a variety of characters (the FOUNDER, COWORKER, BIANCA, AMBER, etc.).
Pumphouse Players, Inc. is a volunteer-led community theatre and does not offer pay or stipends at this time.
HEALTH AND SAFETY
While the Bartow County community level is low/green, masks are optional inside the Legion Theatre. You can find our current policy on our website.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions regarding the show or auditions.