BY LAUREL ANN LOWE
ABOUT THE SHOW
Children of divorced parents themselves, Natalie and Jared are well acquainted with the delicate balancing act of a two-household childhood, and they are determined to keep their own hurt and bitterness from affecting their daughter Sofia. To complicate matters, Jared’s serial divorcee mother and Natalie’s on-again, off-again parents have their own opinions about what it means to split things down the middle. But life- and love- go on, even in the worst of times, and sometimes the line between right and wrong is blurrier than we think. In a modern America where approximately half of marriages end in divorce, Living Room offers a candid look into the chaotic, sometimes humorous side of finding your own space and starting over.
- Monday, June 7, 2021 | 7:30 PM
- Tuesday, June 8, 2021 | 7:30 PM
- CALLBACKS: Thursday, June 10, 2021 | 7:30 PM – All auditioners are asked to please hold Thursday open for callbacks. Not all actors being considered for roles will necessarily be asked to return for callbacks.
- Performance dates are August 13-22
Auditions will be held at scheduled intervals to limit crowd size and maximize auditioners’ reading times.
PRE-REGISTER FOR YOUR AUDITION HERE. If you submit an online audition form, please arrive 5-10 minutes before your scheduled time. If you opt to complete a form at the door, please arrive at least15 minutes before the start of auditions.
- NATALIE JONES (F, 30s) – A woman not used to being vulnerable
- JARED JONES (M, 30s) – Natalie’s soon-to-be-ex-husband; brash, but often means well
- SOFIA JONES (F, 7-10) – Their precocious, imaginative daughter
- TONI (F, 50s+) – Natalie’s mother; stern, but with a big heart
- FRANK (M, 50s+) – Natalie’s father; a good-natured grandfather looking for love in all the wrong places
- CHARLIE CARMICHAEL (F, 20s) – A young, ambitious on-camera meteorologist
- EVAN CARMICHAEL (M, 30s) – A thoughtful man who tends toward run-on sentences; married to Charlie
- SKYE (F, 50s+) – Jared’s youthful, self-important mother who adores meddling
This play contains content related to divorce, pregnancy, and pregnancy loss.
NOT ABLE TO ATTEND, BUT STILL WANT TO AUDITION?
Though this is not preferred, you may register for and submit an online audition by June 7. Please pre-register for an online audition slot and following the below steps. No online auditions will be accepted after June 7.
Choose no more than two of the audition sides (linked to your confirmation) and read only ONE role per side. Have another person read the part(s) you are not reading from OFF screen. You should be centered in the recording.
Please try to have availability for callbacks, should the production team want to call you in. Being unavailable may limit their ability to offer you a role.