Join us for auditions for FOR A GOOD TIME, MARY on Oct 17 & 18 starting at 7:30 PM at the Legion Theatre.
About this event
For A Good Time, Mary
A Comedy By Karen Ruetz
ABOUT THE SHOW
When Ed gets laid off after 23 years, his wife Mary has no idea how they are going to make ends meet until he finds a new job. Mary has never worked outside the home, and she has Ed’s 84-year-old mother to take care of. When her friend, Jenny, asks Mary to take over her side business while she’s on a cruise, Mary sees it as an opportunity to help meet the family’s expenses. However, will she be able to keep it a secret that she is a phone sex operator?
AUDITION DATES & INFORMATION
- Oct 17, 2022 | 7:30 PM
- Oct 18, 2022 | 7:30 PM
- Register for auditions here: https://www.eventbrite.com/cc/auditions-842649
- Where: Auditions will be held at the Legion Theatre
- What to Prepare: If you register in advance for auditions, you’ll receive copies of the audition sides. Please review the sides for the character(s) for which you’d like to be considered.
- Video Auditions: Only by special arrangement with the production team. Please email director Shelly Thompson at email@example.com if you would like to request alternative auditions due to a date conflict.
- Didn’t register in advance? Walk-ins are welcome starting at 7:30!
- REHEARSALS: Days/times TBD. Usually weeknight evenings.
- TECH: Feb 5-9, 2023
- PERFORMANCES: Feb 10-19, 2023 (6 performances)
- Director: Shelly Thompson
- Producer: TBD
- MARY JENKINS – Any ethnicity. She/her. 45+. A homemaker since her daughter was born, Mary is quiet and devoted to her family. This role requires some level of comfort with pretending to be a phone sex operator.
- ED JENKINS – Any ethnicity. He/him. 45+. Mary’s old-school, blue-collar, hard-working husband. He is steadfast and loyal.
- GRAMMY J – Any ethnicity. She/her. 70s+. Ed’s Mother. Hard of hearing, Southern, feisty and outspoken.
- JENNY – Any ethnicity. She/her. 45+. Mary’s best friend. Adventurous and helpful. Spicy, more sexual than Mary.
- SAM JENKINS – Any ethnicity. She/her. 25-35. Ed and Mary’s daughter. Single. Graduate student. Smart and confident. This role requires a kiss.
- JASON – Any ethnicity. He/him. 25-35. Ed’s friend at work. He’s a good guy, but hopelessly in love with Sam. He tends to be nervous whenever he’s around her. This role requires a kiss.
Pumphouse Players, Inc. is a volunteer-led community theatre and does not offer pay or stipends at this time.
HEALTH AND SAFETY
While the Bartow County community level is low/green, masks are optional inside the Legion Theatre. You can find our current policy on our website.
Email Director Shelly Thompson at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions regarding the show or auditions.