Auditions for Karen Ruetz’s For A Good Time, Mary (previously heard on our stage as part of our Local Playwright Series staged readings!) will be held Monday, November 9 and Tuesday, November 10 at 7:30pm at the Legion Theatre. For A Good Time, Mary will run Feb 5-14, 2021, with a special second matinee in honor of Valentine’s Day, and will be directed by Corinne Scott.
When Ed gets laid off after 23 years, his wife Mary has no idea how they are going to make ends meet until he finds a new job. Mary has never worked outside the home, and she has Ed’s 84 year old mother to take care of. When her friend, Jenny, asks Mary to take over her side business while she’s on a cruise, Mary sees it as her opportunity to help meet the family’s expenses, but will she be able to keep it secret that she is now working as a Phone Sex Operator?
Cold reading from the script; no preparation necessary!
- Mary Jenkins (F, 50s) – A homemaker since her daughter was born, Mary is reserved and devoted to her family. A true old-fashioned gal.
- Ed Jenkins (M, 50s) – Mary’s old-school, hard-working husband. He is steadfast and loyal.
- Grammy J (F, 80s) – Ed’s mother. Hard of hearing, feisty, and outspoken. She’s always grumpy.
- Jenny (50s) – Mary’s best friend. Adventurous and always willing to try something new.
- Sam Jenkins (30s) – Ed and Mary’s daughter. Single. Graduate student. Smart and confident.
- Jason (30s) – Ed’s friend from work. He’s a good guy, but hopelessly in love with Sam. He tends to be nervous when around her.
Friday, Feb 5, 2021 | 8:00 PM
Saturday, Feb 6, 2021 | 8:00 PM
Sunday, Feb 7, 2021 | 3:00 PM
Friday, Feb 12, 2021 | 8:00 PM
Saturday, Feb 13, 2021 | 8:00 PM
Sunday, Feb 14, 2021 | 3:00 PM
NEED MORE INFO? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org!