By Karen Ruetz
ABOUT THE PLAY
When Ed gets laid off after 23 years, his wife Mary has no idea how they are going to make ends meet until he finds a new job. Mary has never worked outside the home, and she has Ed’s 84-year-old mother to take care of. When her friend, Jenny, asks Mary to take over her side business while she’s on a cruise, Mary sees it as an opportunity to help meet the family’s expenses. However, will she be able to keep it a secret that she is a phone sex operator?
- November 15th, 2021 | 7:30 PM
- November 16th, 2021 | 7:30 PM
Please note that auditions will be held at the Cultural Arts Alliance (CAA) in downtown Cartersville at 101 N. Erwin St, Cartersville, GA 30120
What to Prepare: If you register in advance for auditions, you’ll receive copies of the audition sides. Please review the sides for the character(s) for which you’d like to be considered. A reader will be provided during the audition.
Didn’t register in advance? Walk-ins are welcome starting at 7:30!
Requirements: Must be 18 or older at the time of auditions.
- REHEARSALS: Mon, Tues, Thurs from 7:30 pm to 9:30 pm
- TECH: Feb 5-10, 2022
- PERFORMANCES: Feb 11-13, 2022 and Feb 18-20, 2022 (6 performances)
- Playwright: Karen Ruetz
- Director: Stacey Bern
- Producer: Ashley Elliott
- Stage Manager: Ashley Sexton
- MARY JENKINS – Any ethnicity. She/her. 45+. A homemaker since her daughter was born, Mary is quiet and devoted to her family. This role requires some level of comfort with pretending to be a phone sex operator.
- ED JENKINS – Any ethnicity. He/him. 45+. Mary’s old-school, blue-collar, hard-working husband. He is steadfast and loyal.
- GRAMMY J – Any ethnicity. She/her. 70s+. Ed’s Mother. Hard of hearing, Southern, feisty and outspoken.
- JENNY – Any ethnicity. She/her. 45+. Mary’s best friend. Adventurous and helpful. Spicy, more sexual than Mary.
- SAM JENKINS – Any ethnicity. She/her. 25-35. Ed and Mary’s daughter. Single. Graduate student. Smart and confident. This role requires a kiss.
- JASON – Any ethnicity. He/him. 25-35. Ed’s friend at work. He’s a good guy, but hopelessly in love with Sam. He tends to be nervous whenever he’s around her. This role requires a kiss.
This play contains mentions of (suspected) cheating, discussion of sexual activity, and humorous “phone sex operator” attempts.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions regarding the show or auditions.