Auditions for Elf the Musical will be held on August 31st and September 1st at 7:30pm at the Legion Theatre. Elf the Musical will run December 4-19 and will be directed by Stacey Bern and Bill Brown.
Buddy, a young orphan, mistakenly crawls into Santa’s bag of gifts and is transported to the North Pole. The would-be elf is raised, unaware that he is actually a human until his enormous size and poor toy-making abilities cause him to face the truth. With Santa’s permission, Buddy embarks on a journey to New York City to find his birth father and discover his true identity. Faced with the harsh realities that his father is on the naughty list and his half-brother doesn’t even believe in Santa, Buddy is determined to win over his new family and help New York remember the true meaning of Christmas.
Auditions will consist of two parts: cold reading from the script and musical selections. Auditioners will need to prepare a verse and chorus of a song in a similar style to the show. Please bring your accompaniment track on a CD or on a device that accepts a standard AUX cord (e.g. smartphone). No a capella.
- Buddy (M, Tenor, 20s-30s) – Funny, and warm with an infectious personality. He has been raised as one of Santa’s elves and has the innocence of a child. He has outrageous enthusiasm for everything he sees and does but it is very genuine.
- Jovie (F, Mezzo-Soprano, 20s-30s) – Comedic, appealing, and relatable. A New Yorker that doesn’t have much Christmas spirit until meeting Buddy.
- Walter Hobbs (M, Tenor, 50s+) – He is a upscale successful business man who has become cold and distant with his family until Buddy enters their life. He is a workaholic with little time left for enjoying life or appreciating simple things.
- Emily Hobbs (F, Alto, 40s+) – Walter’s wife and Michael’s mother, she is at first overwhelmed by Buddy, but soon embraces him as part of the family.
- Mr. Greenway (M, Tenor, 50s+) – A shrewd businessman.
- Michael Hobbs (M, Treble/Boy Soprano, 12) – Funny and smart, he quickly bonds with Buddy and is determined to share a great Christmas with his entire family.
- Santa Claus (M, Baritone, 50s+)
- Deb (F, Alto, 30s-40s) – A funny secretary at Walter’s office, full of character and sharp wit.
- Charlie (M) – An elf
- Shawanda (F) – An elf
Friday, Dec 4, 2020 | 8:00 PM
Saturday, Dec 5, 2020 | 8:00 PM
Sunday, Dec 6, 2020 | 3:00 PM
Friday, Dec 11, 2020 | 8:00 PM
Saturday, Dec 12, 2020 | 8:00 PM
Sunday, Dec 13, 2020 | 3:00 PM
Friday, Dec 18, 2020 | 8:00 PM
Saturday, Dec 19, 2020 | 8:00 PM
NEED MORE INFO? Email us at email@example.com!