Auditions for the classic thriller Deathtrap by Ira Levin will be held Monday, August 10th, and Tuesday, August 11th, at 7:30pm at the Legion Theatre. Deathtrap will run October 23-31, 2020, with a special Halloween party event upon closing, and will be directed by Bob Whaley.
Comfortably ensconced in his charming Connecticut home, Sidney Bruhl, a successful writer of Broadway thrillers, is struggling to overcome a dry spell which has resulted in a string of failures and a shortage of funds. A possible break in his fortunes occurs when he receives a script from a student in the seminar he has been conducting at a nearby college—a thriller that Sidney recognizes immediately as a potential Broadway smash. Sidney’s plan, devised with his wife’s help, is to offer collaboration to the student for co-credit. Or is it? DEATHTRAP provides twists and turns of devilish cleverness, and offers hilariously sudden shocks in such abundance that audiences will be spellbound until the very last moment.
Cold reading from the script; no preparation necessary!
- Sidney Bruhl (M, 40s+) – A famous, formerly successful playwright known for a thriller he wrote 18 years ago; calculated, witty, intelligent, and hoping for a lucrative change in fortune
- Myra Bruhl (F, 30s+) – Sidney’s wealthy wife; a loving and beautiful woman with a sense of morality, yet is fearful and fragile
- Clifford Anderson (M, 20s-30s) – A physically attractive, young, aspiring playwright who is hungry for a hit
- Helga ten Dorp (F, 40s+) – A psychic from Holland staying in the cottage neighboring the Bruhl home while on Sabbatical; Dutch accent may be requested
- Porter Milgrim (M, 40s+) – Sidney’s friend and lawyer; has a dirty secret
Friday, Oct 23, 2020 | 8:00 PM
Saturday, Oct 24, 2020 | 8:00 PM
Sunday, Oct 25, 2020 | 3:00 PM
Friday, Oct 30, 2020 | 8:00 PM
Saturday, Oct 31, 2020 | 8:00 PM
NEED MORE INFO? Email us at email@example.com!