Join us for auditions for BONNIE & CLYDE on July 25 & 26 starting at 7:30 PM at Noble & Main Coffee Co!
About this event
BONNIE & CLYDE
Book by Ivan Menchell; Lyrics by Don Black; Music by Frank Wildhorn
ABOUT THE SHOW
At the height of the Great Depression, Bonnie Parker and Clyde Barrow went from two small-town nobodies in West Texas to America’s most renowned folk heroes and Texas law enforcement’s worst nightmares. Fearless, shameless and alluring, the Tony-nominated Bonnie & Clyde, from the legendary Frank Wildhorn (Jekyll & Hyde, Civil War, Dracula) is the electrifying story of love, adventure and crime that captured the attention of an entire country.
Don’t miss this thrilling and sexy musical with its non-traditional score – combining blues, gospel and rockabilly music.
AUDITION DATES & INFORMATION
- July 25, 2022 | 7:30 PM | Noble & Main Coffee Co. (Main shop)
- July 26, 2022 | 7:30 PM | Noble & Main Coffee Co. (Event space directly behind the coffee shop)
- Register for auditions here: https://www.eventbrite.com/cc/auditions-842649
- Where: Auditions will be held at Noble & Main Coffee Co. See above for details.
- What to Prepare: If you register in advance for auditions, you’ll receive copies of the audition sides. Please review the sides for the character(s) for which you’d like to be considered. A reader will be provided during the audition. Auditionees should also prepare a short (16 bar) cut from a Broadway-style song, and bring a track with them for accompaniment.
- Video Auditions: Only by special arrangement with the production team. Please email director Stacey Bern at email@example.com if you would like to request alternative auditions due to a date conflict.
- Didn’t register in advance? Walk-ins are welcome starting at 7:30!
- REHEARSALS: TBD, primarily weeknight evenings
- TECH: Oct 2-6, 2022 (mandatory)
- PERFORMANCES: Oct 7-16, 2022 (6 performances)
- Director: Stacey Bern
- Producer: TBD
ROLES FOR SINGERS:
- CLYDE BARROW – He/him. 18-25. A charming small-town boy who craves notoriety. Bonnie’s reckless, bold, daring lover.
- BONNIE PARKER – She/her. 18-25. A beautiful girl torn between love and fame. Clyde’s ambitious, stubborn lover.
- MARVIN “BUCK” BARROW – He/him. 25-35. Clyde’s brother and an outlaw troubled by his wife’s distaste for his lifestyle. Adventurous and loyal.
- BLANCHE BARROW – She/her. 25-35. A religious woman who disapproves of the criminal lifestyle. Honorable and righteous. Married to Buck Barrow.
- TED HINTON – He/him. 18-25. A police officer struggling to separate his feelings from his duties. Kind and honest. Madly in love with Bonnie.
- YOUNG CLYDE – He/him. Actor must be 13+.
- YOUNG BONNIE – She/her. Actor must be 13+.
- ENSEMBLE – Any ethnicity. Any gender. Any age. Store Clerks; Cops/Guards; Bank Customers; Choir; Bread Line Folks.
ROLES THAT MAY NOT REQUIRE SINGING:
- CUMIE BARROW – She/her. 40-55. A kind woman among those suffering in the Depression. Loyal and selfless. Mother to Clyde and Buck.
- SHERIFF SCHMID – He/him. Any age. The country sheriff.
- EMMA PARKER – She/her. 40-55. Bonnie’s widowed mother. Fragile, caring, sensitive.
- PREACHER – He/him. 45-65. The town’s evangelist. Loud, passionate, boisterous.
- HENRY BARROW – He/him. 45-55. A hard-working man, struggling to survive. Humble and quiet. Father of Clyde and Buck.
- GOV. MIRIAM FERGUSON – She/her. 40-60. An enforcer of the law and Governor of Texas. Tough and harsh.
- CAPTAIN FRANK HAMER – He/him. 45-65. A retired Texas Ranger who joins the hunt for Bonnie and Clyde. Recruited by Governor Ferguson.
- BOB ALCORN – He/him. 30-45. The best sharpshooter in Texas. Recruited by Frank Hamer, he helps hunt down Bonnie and Clyde.
Pumphouse Players, Inc. is a volunteer-led community theatre and does not offer pay or stipends at this time.
HEALTH AND SAFETY
While the Bartow County community level is low/green, masks are optional inside the Legion Theatre. You can find our current policy on our website.
Email Director Stacey Bern at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions regarding the show or auditions.