Auditions for A Few Good Men by Aaron Sorkin will be held Monday, Feb 22 and Tuesday, Feb 23, 2021 at 7:30pm at the Legion Theatre. A Few Good Men will run April 23-May 1, 2021 and will be directed by Laurel Ann Lowe.
This Broadway hit about the trial of two Marines for complicity in the death of a fellow Marine at Guantanamo Bay sizzles on stage. The Navy lawyer, a callow young man more interested in softball games than the case, expects a plea bargain and a cover-up of what really happened. Prodded by a female member of his defense team, the lawyer eventually makes a valiant effort to defend his clients and, in so doing, puts the military mentality and the Marine code of honor on trial.
Cold reading from the script; no preparation necessary!
- Lt. Cmdr. Joanne Galloway (F, 20s-30s) – JAG lawyer. The only woman in the show and in a world of men. Takes her job seriously, but is perceived as a pain. All heart, but not much experience.
- Lt. J.g. Daniel A. Kaffee (M, 20s-30s) – JAG lawyer known for settling cases out of court. Biding his time in the JAG corps until he can become a corporate lawyer. Son of a legendary lawyer and has big shoes to fill.
- Lt. Col. Nathan Jessep (M, 40s) – Highest ranked character at GITMO. A golden boy for the Corps. Believes in the importance of the code and the Corps.
- Pfc. Louden Downey (M, 20s) – Marine who believes in the importance of the code and the Corps. Awaiting trial for Santiago’s death.
- Lance Corporal Harold W. Dawson (M, 20s) – Marine who believes in the importance of the code and the Corps. Downey’s superior. Awaiting trial for Santiago’s death.
- Lt. J.g. Sam Weinberg (M, 20s-30s) – JAG lawyer and Kaffee’s friend. A “smart kid” often tasked with keeping Kaffee in line.
- Capt. Matthew A. Markinson (M, 40s+) – Marine with strong feelings about Santiago’s death. Outranked by Jessep despite being older than him.
- Lt. Johnathan James Kendrick (M, 30s-40s) – Marine at GITMO and superior of Dawson and Downey. Believes in the importance of the code and the Corps. Believes that God is always watching.
- Lt. Jack Ross (M, 30s-40s) – JAG attorney and prosecutor in this case. A thorn in the side of Kaffee, Sam, and Joanne. Very experienced and well regarded.
- Capt. Isaac Whitaker (M, 30s-40s) – JAG attorney. Kaffee and Sam’s superior, who is generally hassled.
- Pfc. William Santiago (M, early 20s) – Marine murdered at GITMO by Dawson and Downey. Was desperate to leave GITMO.
- Cpl. Jeffrey Owen Howard (M, 20s) – Same rank as Dawson. A key witness to what orders were given (or not) regarding Santiago. A model Marine.
- Capt. Julius Alexander Randolph (M, 40s+) – The Judge at the trial. Tough, but fair, and understands the world of the Navy.
- Cmdr. Walter Stone (M, Any age) – Doctor onsite at GITMO who examines Santiago’s body. Struggles with meshing his morality as a doctor with his loyalty to the Marines.
- Various MPs/Sentry/Orderly (M, Various ages)
Friday, Apr 23, 2021 | 8:00 PM
Saturday, Apr 24, 2021 | 8:00 PM
Sunday, Apr 25, 2021 | 3:00 PM
Friday, Apr 30, 2021 | 8:00 PM
Saturday, May 1, 2021 | 8:00 PM
NEED MORE INFO? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org!