BY LAUREL ANN LOWE
ABOUT THE SHOW
Children of divorced parents themselves, Natalie and Jared are well acquainted with the delicate balancing act of a two-household childhood, and they are determined to keep their own hurt and bitterness from affecting their daughter Sofia. To complicate matters, Jared’s serial divorcee mother and Natalie’s on-again, off-again parents have their own opinions about what it means to split things down the middle. But life- and love- go on, even in the worst of times, and sometimes the line between right and wrong is blurrier than we think. In a modern America where approximately half of marriages end in divorce, Living Room offers a candid look into the chaotic, sometimes humorous side of finding your own space and starting over.
- Thursday, June 10, 2021 | 7:30 PM – This audition is specifically for men who can play late 20s-30s.
- Performance dates are August 13-22
Auditions will be held at scheduled intervals to limit crowd size and maximize auditioners’ reading times. Pre-registered auditioners should arrive 5-10 minutes before your scheduled time. Walk-in auditioners may arrive any time between 6:45-8:30.
This audition is specifically for the roles of JARED and EVAN. See below for all roles.
- NATALIE JONES (F, 30s) – A woman not used to being vulnerable
- JARED JONES (M, 30s) – Natalie’s soon-to-be-ex-husband; brash, but often means well
- SOFIA JONES (F, 7-10) – Their precocious, imaginative daughter
- TONI (F, 50s+) – Natalie’s mother; stern, but with a big heart
- FRANK (M, 50s+) – Natalie’s father; a good-natured grandfather looking for love in all the wrong places
- CHARLIE CARMICHAEL (F, 20s) – A young, ambitious on-camera meteorologist
- EVAN CARMICHAEL (M, 30s) – A thoughtful man who tends toward run-on sentences; married to Charlie
- SKYE (F, 50s+) – Jared’s youthful, self-important mother who adores meddling
This play contains content related to divorce, pregnancy, and pregnancy loss.