The Board of Directors has made the difficult decision to make significant revisions to our calendar based on current CDC recommendations about group gatherings. Pumphouse Players and the historic Legion Theatre will be closed for at least eight (8) weeks beginning 3/15/2020.
- Shows: We hope to continue Ada and the Engine and Recommended Reading for Girls, our in-progress shows, as soon as it is responsible and ethical to do so. Our current priority is the health of the PHP family, and we will provide updates on these shows as soon as we are able. Our season closer, Present Laughter, has been cancelled.
- Rehearsals: All rehearsals have been suspended while our participants focus on their health, safety, and personal concerns.
- Workshops, Improv, & Special Events: All special event dates between 3/16/2020 and 5/11/2020 are cancelled, and any pre-sales will be refunded. These and all other events are subject to be rescheduled.
- Meetings: Members will receive more information about any changes to our Annual Meeting as we get closer to the date. Board meetings will continue in a closed, virtual capacity during our closure.
- Pumpie Awards: More information about any changes, if necessary, to the Pumpie Awards will be released at a later date.
We thank you, our amazing community, for your patience during this unprecedented closure. We know this is a scary time for many of our participants and their families, and we are keeping you close in our hearts. Our social media team is doing their best to keep our feeds lighthearted and full of happy memories to remind us that the show does go on, and Pumphouse will be here when it does.
With current guidelines and recommendations from health and government officials, the Board of Directors has decided to officially cease all in-person theatre activities for a minimum of two weeks starting 3/15/2020. We thank our patrons, members, and friends for bearing with us as we rearrange the remaining Season 45 schedule. If you have any questions or concerns, please direct those to the Board of Directors at email@example.com and we will be happy to help.
Dear Pumphouse members, patrons, and friends,
I know that this is a stressful time as news and updates about COVID-19 continue to spread. In light of these public health concerns, Pumphouse Players is focused on keeping you and all our actors and crew members safe. The health and well-being of our extended theatre family continues to be our priority. We know that artists, as well as hourly workers and gig-based professionals will be impacted greatly during these uncertain times, and we are keeping you in our thoughts.
At this time, the Board of Directors has decided to postpone our upcoming show ADA AND THE ENGINE until further notice. Pre-sales will be refunded within the next few days, though your bank may take up to 10 days to process into your account. We are excited to bring you this gorgeous show just as soon as it is safe to do so.
We are still in the process of determining what this means for our other Season 45 shows, rehearsals, auditions, and workshops through June 2020. Our Board is keeping a close eye on CDC, WHO, and official guidelines, and we will release more information as soon as we are able.
In the meantime, we encourage all of our cherished friends and family to stay home when possible and to use common sense health practices that not only protect you but others around you, especially those who fall into the high risk categories.
Closures, cancellations, and reduced commerce are causing very real financial consequences for non-profits, like us and many other professional and community theatres. For PHP, our ticket sales make up a large percentage of our operating budget, so we appreciate your support in any way possible, such as sharing our social media posts or making a gift to offset the decrease in income this month.
We love our community, and we thank you for your continued support as we work through this crisis together. We promise to continue working to make our space safe for everyone.
Laurel Ann Lowe
President, Pumphouse Players, Inc.